Now Hiring: Library Assistant, $15/ hour, 30 hours a week (includes nights and weekends)
Join the #USLFamily!
We’re looking to add an enthusiastic new member to our team and we want YOU to apply!
Please read through the job description and then email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: $15/ hour
Description: Library Assistant performs various circulation, reader advisory, and reference duties in support of community library operations for Upper Skagit Library. The ideal candidate for this position has experience working with the public of all ages. This position reports to the Library Director as part of a service-oriented team.
Position Schedule: 30 hours a week (includes nights and weekends)
Email Your Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
- Processes, sorts, organizes, and shelves library materials. Assists with maintenance of library collections.
- Performs basic circulation and reference duties.
- Provides quality customer service to library patrons in-person, by telephone, or electronically.
- Educates and advises patrons in the use of library computers and equipment. Provides troubleshooting assistance in relation to computer/library equipment as required.
- Understands and clearly explains library rules, policies, and procedures to the public as required and resolves patron issues as needed.
- Performs library opening/closing duties and assists in maintaining library facilities and equipment.
- Performs clerical duties and basic office tasks.
- May aid in monitoring the activities of volunteer and community service workers.
- Knowledge of basic library terminology, practices, services, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work well with other staff and the public.
- Basic knowledge of library computer systems and databases.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of basic customer service standards and procedures.
- Exhibit reliability and dependability. Demonstrate punctuality and regular and consistent attendance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, and the ability to think “on-the-fly.”
- Knowledge of basic office technology, and a willingness to learn about new technology.
- Ability to perform work in a standard office environment, as well as a library environment that involves regular contact with the public.
- Subject to sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching and lifting objects up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to push/pull library carts and lift/carry library materials.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
- High School diploma or equivalency preferred.
- Two years customer service, including one-year library experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.